Former AC/DC drummer Chris Slade - who performed on 1990's quintuple platinum The Razor's Edge, as well as the group's landmark live album recorded during the corresponding tour - will make a guest appearance at the Girls Got Rhythm record release party tonight, when he takes the stage to join the all-female AC/DC tribute band ThundHerStruck. It won't be the first time the group has been joined by Slade, whose resume also includes stints with Uriah Heep, Asia and The Firm; he recently teamed with the band during an overseas USO performance for American troops.
ThundHerStruck - one of 13 groups featured on Girls Got Rhythm, a female tribute band collection also featuring such well known acts as The Iron Maidens, Cheap Chick and Mistress of Reality - will "headline" the record release party, which takes place at the Key Club in Hollywood, Calif. Also on the bill are Zepparella and Ms. Fits, both of whom are also featured on the compilation. The groups will be opening for the club's long-running Monday night ‘80s metal tribute, Metal Skool. Additionally, one lucky attendee will win a Champagne Sparkle Rock Candy guitar courtesy of Daisy Rock Guitars. Doors open at 8 p.m.
Featuring cover art by Alan Forbes (Ozzy Osbourne, AFI, Queens of the Stone Age), Girls Got Rhythm - advertised by its label, Liquor and Poker Music, as a "female tribute celebration featuring covers of classic hard rock and metal bands by the women who love them" - will be available for purchase at the show, one day before it's in stores. Its release commemorates the third anniversary of Liquor and Poker, the rock imprint of Century Media Records that has released two dozen acclaimed albums by the likes of Fireball Ministry, The Hellacopters, Nebula and Backyard Babies since its 2003 inception.
The complete track listing for Girls Got Rhythm is as follows:
1. Thundherstruck - Thunderstruck (AC/DC)
2. The Iron Maidens - Run To The Hills (Iron Maiden)
3. Mistress of Reality - Fairies Wear Boots (Black Sabbath)
4. Cheap Chick - Surrender (Cheap Trick)
5. Black Diamond - Love Gun (Kiss)
6. Ms. Fits - Last Caress (The Misfits)
7. Hell's Belles - Back In Black (AC/DC)
8. The Little Dolls - I Don't Know (Ozzy Osbourne)
9. Zepparella - The Lemon Song (Led Zeppelin)
10. Kissexy - Lick It Up (Kiss)
11. Whole Lotta Rosies - Dog Eat Dog (AC/DC)
12. Ramonas - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker (The Ramones)
13. Foxey Lady - Foxey Lady (Jimi Hendrix)
No comments! Be first!